This week we are focusing on RECONNECTING - whether you are engaging in learning online or back on campus. As guidelines continue to change, it’s a great time to look at how we can Reset, Refocus, and Reconnect. Check out these helpful tips below.
Reset - It’s all in how we look at it!
- Look at Term 2 as a fresh start.
- Look at setting goals for the term and individual classes (see next week’s article for specifics on how to set/achieve your goals).
- Look at ways you can kick start your learning. Pick a few areas you could work on like turning in assignments on time, joining a tutoring group, asking a teacher for help, going through your school bag and cleaning out rubbish, and making sure your school supplies are in good order.
- Look at the big picture—education is important for your future!
Refocus - What are you looking at?
- Look at ways to refocus—chose to adjust your focus and dwell on the positives, rather than the negatives.
- Look for ways to practice gratitude-why not end each day with three things you are grateful for.
- Look at challenges as opportunities to build resiliency and grow character.
Reconnect - Where do I need to look?
- Look for ways to reconnect— the definition of reconnect means “to come back together.” As guidelines are changing, it’s a great time to come back together and engage in areas such as building strong friendships, doing our best at school, and practising good self-care such as exercise, healthy eating, and getting enough sleep.
- Look for ways to help others-whether it’s being a good friend, helping a family member out with chores, or doing extra at your workplace, look for ways to be a help to those around you.
As you go through Term 2, look for ways to RECONNECT! If you would like to talk with someone, stop by the Student Liaison office and make an appointment to speak with a member of our Student Services team. Have a great term!